We are seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Civil Engineer to join our Municipal Division in Lloydminster. Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Municipal, this position will coordinate and manage civil design and construction activities on various projects.
Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
- Plan, schedule, organize, direct, control and evaluate projects from start to finish.
- Ensures project plans and schedules stay on time and within budget, monitors progress and tracks milestones against the project plan.
- Consults with clients and interdepartmental teams and conduct research to determine project requirements.
- Prepares engineering deliverables.
- Performs and/or leads field reviews and field survey activities.
- Prepares design specifications and tender documents.
- Ensures the design and constructed works conform to codes, standards, internal procedures, and regulations.
- Prepares municipal engineering proposals.
- Reviews and approves designs, calculations and cost estimates.
- Provides direction for end job activities, including completion reports and final documentation.
- Participates in peer review support and quality control checks within the group.
- Regulatory/government liaison and permitting support.
- Assumes responsibility for leadership and supervision of other designers or technical team members forming the project team.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering recognized by APEGA or APEGS with P.Eng. designation.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in municipal engineering.
- Knowledge and experience with civil engineering design and construction.
- Experienced in design using AutoCAD Civil 3D and developing preliminary and detailed design drawings.
- Excels at fostering working relationships.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Proven strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Self-motivated team player.
- Valid driver’s licence with a clean driver’s abstract is required.
BAR offers a competitive salary based on experience and benefit package.
If this opportunity interests you, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.