BAR is seeking a full time Junior or Intermediate Engineer, for the Structural team in the Energy Division.
This position provides design and analysis of service rigs, flushbys, coil tubing units and overhead equipment. You will provide technical support to more senior resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Team participation in project design problem solving.
- Confers with clients and conducts research to determine project requirements.
- Assist with the project management aspects of assigned projects; including scope development, cost and schedule preparation.
- Ensures the design conforms to standards, specifications and client requirements;
- Performs various engineering inspections on site.
- Provides engineering support to fabrication shops during construction/repair of equipment;
- Provides 3D modeling of equipment for design and analysis.
- Ensures that project deliverables are met and effectively manages change throughout the duration of the projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering recognized by APEGA or APEGS.
- Eligible for registration with APEGA or APEGS.
- Previous Mechanical Engineering design experience would be preferred.
- Knowledge of oilfield industry codes and standards.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with colleagues.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s licence is required.
BAR offers a competitive salary, benefits package and relocation allowance.
If this opportunity interests you, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date: Open until suitable candidate is found.