BAR is seeking a Junior or Intermediate Electrical Technologist, for our Buildings Division at our Lloydminster office.
In this role, you will support our Project Engineers. You will be responsible to assist with electrical design and drafting activities involved with commercial, institutional, industrial, and residential projects. You should have a high skill level with Revit and good working knowledge of the Electrical Code. Applicants should have strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills and come with an eagerness to learn.
This position may have the ability to work remotely depending on the successful candidate’s level of experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare engineering deliverables under the direction of senior staff.
- Prepare electrical drawings for commercial, institutional, industrial, and residential structures suitable for building permit, tender, and construction.
- Ensure the design conforms to codes, standards, regulations, and internal procedures.
- Provide technical assistance and support to project staff during construction.
- Conduct site reviews and prepare field review reports.
- Maintain timelines and budgets to meet overall project requirements.
Skills and Qualifications
- A Technologist with an educational focus in electrical design.
- Eligible for registration with ASET/SASTT.
- Experience working with REVIT, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of the National and Alberta Building Codes and Electrical Code.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Valid driver’s licence is required.
BAR offers a competitive salary, benefits package, and relocation allowance.
If this opportunity interests you, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.