BAR is seeking a full time Junior, Intermediate or Senior Automation Technologist, for the Energy Division.
The Automation Technologist provides automation and/or instrumentation programming and field start-up support for in-house and client projects in order to complete the installation of facilities and systems to operating environment. This position identifies automation design issues for resolution with project engineers. The Automation Technologist assists in system layouts and interconnection design. The Senior Automation Technologist provides guidance to and may supervise other more junior resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs and programs automation systems.
- Assists in system layouts and interconnection design.
- Assists with or prepares functional description and shutdown key development.
- Supports detailed automation system layout and knowledge-based feedback on design requirements.
- Identifies and resolves automation design issues.
- Provides ongoing field support including startup and commissioning support.
- May participate in strategy sessions, design reviews, project reviews and peer reviews.
- May provide technical supervision and/or mentoring for other automation resources, including sharing insights and improvements on automation design issues.
- Diploma in Electrical Instrumentation Technology or trade qualification in Electrical and/or Instrumentation.
- Eligible for registration with ASET/SASTT.
- Minimum 2 to 10 years of previous field experience in automation systems programming, commissioning and start-up is preferred.
- Strong Rockwell PLC experience.
- DCS experience would be considered an asset.
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Measurement apps, Flo-sizing apps, and Programmable control configuration apps.
- Strong understanding of process interconnectivity, including power generation, distribution, motor control, grounding and control systems.
- Working knowledge of industry codes, standards and practices.
- Ability to interpret and explain desired automation outcomes.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Desire and drive to work with electronic systems.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s licence is required.
BAR offers a competitive salary, benefits package and relocation allowance.
If this opportunity interests you, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date: December 1, 2021