BAR is seeking a full time Junior Engineer to join our Projects Team in the Energy Division.
Reporting to the Projects Manager, this position is responsible for the completion of all technical and project support activities on assigned projects. This position provides support to the more senior resources working on projects within the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Team participation in project design problem solving.
- Confers with clients and conducts research to determine project requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of proposals including cost estimates, project schedules and project designs.
- Provides project management support and co-ordinates all engineering work with the various departments involved with the project.
- Ensures the design conforms to standards, specifications, and client requirements.
- Provides increasing technical input into existing and emerging business streams.
- Ensures that project deliverables are met and effectively manages change throughout the duration of the projects.
- Reviews technical work and drawings as per BAR Engineering’s Professional Practice Management Plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering recognized by APEGA or APEGS.
- Eligible for registration with APEGA or APEGS.
- Minimum 1 – 4 years of previous Project Engineering experience is required.
- Knowledge of industry standards and codes would be considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
BAR offers a competitive salary, benefits package, and relocation allowance.
If this opportunity interests you, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.