BAR is seeking an Intermediate Designer, for the Design & Drafting team in the Energy Division.
Reporting to the Manager, Design & Drafting, this position assists with the completion of design and drafting of drawing packages in conformation with project specifications, design parameters, industry practices, stress information, vendor data and input from project engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and prepare technical drawings from preliminary concepts and rough sketches.
- Prepare and develop piping and plant layout design by utilizing 2D and 3D software.
- Assist senior staff with preparing and developing drawing packages.
- Ensure the design conforms to standards, specifications and client requirements.
- May travel to field locations to assist with field sketches, take dimensions and complete as-building.
- Diploma in Engineering Technology which is recognized by ASET/SASTT.
- Eligible for registration with ASET/SASTT.
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience and previous experience working with AutoCAD, CADWorx Plant, AutoPLANT, and Navisworks is preferred.
- Knowledge of engineering design and drafting with the ability to conceptualize design details would be an asset.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s licence is required.
BAR offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
If this opportunity interests you, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.