BAR Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm with extensive experience delivering customized engineering solutions. We pride ourselves on providing quality results, on-time and on-budget. Safety is a priority in all our project work. Our client list ranges from global multi-national corporations to local businesses and municipalities.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Intermediate Civil Technologist to join our Lloydminster office. Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Municipal, this position is responsible for leading and completing field, design and drafting activities on various projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare engineering deliverables under the direction of senior staff.
- Contribute to the creation of overall project plans and schedules, monitoring progress and milestones against the plan.
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D to manipulate design drawings for GPS point creation and municipal design.
- Lead field survey activities utilizing conventional survey, total station, and GPS equipment.
- Provide assistance with various aspects of engineering and construction of municipal infrastructure.
- Ensure the design and constructed works conform to codes, standards, internal procedures, and regulations.
- Provide direction for end job activities, including completion reports and final documentation.
- Diploma in Engineering Technology.
- Registered or eligible for registration with ASET/SASTT.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a civil technologist role.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to learn new skills.
- Self-motivated team player.
- Valid driver’s licence is required with clean driver’s abstract is required.
BAR offers a competitive salary and benefit package. If this opportunity interests you, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.