BAR Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm with extensive experience delivering customized engineering solutions. We pride ourselves on providing quality results, on-time and on-budget. Safety is a priority in all our project work. Our client list ranges from global multi-national corporations to local businesses and municipalities.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Intermediate Civil Technologist to join our Vernon office. Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Vernon Operations, this position is responsible for leading and completing field inspections and design/drafting activities on various projects.
Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
- Prepare engineering deliverables.
- Contribute to the creation of overall project plans and schedules, monitoring progress and milestones against the plan.
- Utilize AutoDesk Civil 3D to manipulate design drawings for municipal design.
- Support field inspection activities.
- Provide assistance with various aspects of engineering and construction of municipal infrastructure.
- Ensure the design and constructed works conform to codes, standards, internal procedures and regulations.
- Provide direction for end job activities, including completion reports and final documentation.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Diploma in Engineering Technology which is recognized by ASTTBC.
- Registered or eligible for registration with ASTTBC.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in a civil technologist role.
- Experience in design using AutoCAD Civil 3D and developing preliminary and detailed design drawings.
- Autodesk Infraworks experience would be an asset.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn new skills.
- Self-motivated team player.
- Valid driver’s licence is required.
BAR offers a competitive salary and benefit package. If this opportunity interests you, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: February 25, 2020