BAR Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm with extensive experience delivering customized engineering solutions. We pride ourselves on providing quality results, on-time, and on-budget. Safety is a priority in all our project work. Our client list ranges from global multi-national corporations to local businesses and municipalities.
BAR is seeking a motivated Intermediate Civil Engineer to join our Okanagan office, reporting to the Manager, Okanagan Operations. In this role, you will be responsible to perform structural and building envelope engineering analysis and design functions on both existing and new structures. This will involve the analysis and designs for Commercial, Institutional, Industrial, and Residential type structures. The role will also include project/contract management and field inspections.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in project design problem solving within the team.
- Prepares engineering deliverables under the direction of senior staff.
- Structural design and review of buildings, foundations, retaining walls, and miscellaneous structural components for Commercial, Institutional, Industrial and Residential structures.
- Activities will include designs using structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, cold-formed steel, and wood framing.
- Building envelope assessment and design, and specification development for Commercial, Institutional, Industrial and Residential structures.
- Ensures the design and constructed works conform to codes standards, specifications, and client requirements.
- Assists with the project management aspects of assigned projects, including scope/project plan development, cost, and schedule preparation, and monitoring progress and milestones against the plan.
- Provides assistance with various aspects of engineering and construction of structures.
- Ensures that project deliverables are met and effectively manages change throughout the duration of the projects.
- Preparation of reports, design calculations and drawings.
- Provide technical assistance and support to clients and contractors during design and construction.
- Field inspection activities will be required including general reviews during construction and condition assessments.
- Guiding and directing designers.
- Maintaining and growing client relationships.
- Reviews technical work and drawings as per BAR Engineering’s Professional Practice Management Plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering recognized by Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
- Registered with Engineers and Geoscientists BC with P.Eng designation.
- Minimum 5 years of relative engineering experience is required.
- Working knowledge of industry standards, codes, and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Experience in design using REVIT and developing preliminary and detail design drawings is an asset.
- Valid driver’s licence is required.
BAR offers a competitive salary and benefit package. If this opportunity interests you, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Open until suitable candidate is found.