BAR Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering firm with extensive experience delivering customized engineering solutions. We pride ourselves on providing quality results, on-time and on-budget. Safety is a priority in all our project work. Our client list ranges from global multi-national corporations to local businesses and municipalities.
BAR is seeking a Buildings Mechanical Engineer.
In this role, you will be responsible to perform mechanical engineering analysis and design functions on both existing and new structures. This will involve the development of mechanical systems for Commercial, Institutional, Industrial, and Residential type structures. The Engineer in this role will act as a project manager, technical specialist, and design professional.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing preliminary design and engineering specifications.
- Prepare detailed design calculations, layouts, and reports.
- Developing and updating project specifications.
- Collaborate with project teams to develop solutions to meet clients’ needs.
- Guiding and directing designers.
- Maintaining and growing client relationships.
- Participating in Business Development.
- Taking a leadership role with respect to project delivery and in general business practices of the division.
- Ensure designs conform to applicable codes, standards, regulations, and internal procedures.
- Provide technical assistance and support to clients and contractors during design and construction.
- Conduct field surveys to assess existing conditions and to provide general reviews during construction.
- Maintain timelines and budgets to meet overall project requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering specializing in Building Mechanical and Energy Management from a recognized University.
- Registered with APEGA and/or APEGS with P.Eng. designation.
- Minimum 7 years of mechanical design experience.
- Past experience applying industry codes and standards to a project.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients.
- Critical thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
BAR offers a competitive salary and benefit package. If this opportunity interests you, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date: Open until suitable candidate is found.